Prep time 20 mins,
Cook time 240 mins,
Total time 4 hours 20 mins,
Recipe type: Meats,
Serves: 1 ham
2 tbsp soy sauce,
1 tbsp pepper,
3 tbsp green seasoning,
½ cup ketchup,
1 tsp black pepper,
1. Boil the ham for about 15 minutes and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, green seasoning, ketchup, pepper, and black pepper for the glaze.
3. Cover the ham with the glaze. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Place the glazed ham in the dish skin side down.
4. Note: We place the ham skin side down to melt the excess fat.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350° F for 2½ – 3 hours, depending on the size of the ham, or until thoroughly cooked. Glaze occasionally.
6. When baked, add the whole cloves to the ham and allow to cool.
The general rule for baking ham is 25 minutes per Kilogram. While baking you can test the meat by sticking a knife into it. If after sticking the meat, liquid comes out of it, then more baking is required.