Lettle battle commence. Each week an artist, genre, artist or theme go head to head in the WAR of Worlds. 20 tracks, 10 rounds and the results are down to the listener.
- Crab Cakes with Tomato, Crab and Basil Dressing.by Jolene WelchThis crabcakes recipe takes some time but the fantastic flavour is well worth waiting for. Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time over 2 hours Serves 4 Ingredients 1 cooked brown crab, weighing about 1.25kg/2½lb 300ml/10fl oz olive oil 1 large carrot, chopped 1 leek, chopped 1 medium onion, chopped 900g/2lb potatoes flour, for… Read more: Crab Cakes with Tomato, Crab and Basil Dressing.
- Christmas Tiramisu.by Jolene WelchNeed a last-minute pudding on the Christmas table? Try using up that panettone in a quick make-ahead tiramisu that requires no cooking. Preparation timeless than 30 mins Cooking time no cooking required Serves 6-8 Ingredients 4 shots espresso, or a four-cup cafetiere of strong coffee 2 tbsp caster sugar 50ml/2fl oz amaretto liqueur, or to… Read more: Christmas Tiramisu.
- Chicken Tostadas.by Jolene WelchUse up leftover tortillas and roast chicken in this easy homemade chicken tostada recipe. Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Serves 4 Ingredients 6 small corn tortillas olive oil, for brushing 400g tin refried beans ¾ tsp ancho chilli powder or chipotle paste ½ tsp ground cumin ¼ tsp… Read more: Chicken Tostadas.
- Steak, Mushroom and Ale Pie.by Jolene WelchTender beef in a rich sauce made with beer and bacon, topped with crisp, golden puff pastry – this superb steak, mushroom and ale pie is a perfect autumn warmer. Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time over 2 hours Serves 6 Ingredients 4–5 tbsp sunflower oil 200g/7oz smoked streaky bacon rashers, cut into… Read more: Steak, Mushroom and Ale Pie.
- Easter Carrot Cake Cupcakes.by Jolene WelchDecorate Dan Lepard’s rich carrot cupcakes with mini-chocolate Easter eggs at Easter time, or top with sugar-paste carrots for the rest of the year. Preparation time less than 30 mins Cooking time 10 to 30 mins Makes about 12 Ingredients 275g/9¾oz caster sugar 200ml/7fl oz sunflower oil 4 medium free-range eggs about 300g/10½oz grated carrot,… Read more: Easter Carrot Cake Cupcakes.